[Rhodes22-list] Fenders, Dave and Elton's phone call

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Mar 26 11:54:05 EST 2006

Dave,
      When you visited Edenton, did Stan show you the room with all the
"stuff"?  The room with the life preservers some from when he was a boy, the
fenders, the lines, generally all sorts of stuff that came with the boats he
picked up for recycle?
      If you are going to get the boat, pick out some used fenders and offer
Stan a few dollars to get started.  If Elton is delivering, have him pick
out half a dozed is assorted sizes and shapes  in pairs and tell him you
want them cheap to do your own testing to see what you really need.
      All this fuss over fenders.  I am not sure that I have any two that
are exactly alike.  As Bill E said they wear out and you have to put them in
the big green box.  What they have today is probably not what they have in
two years.
      I guarentee that if you use your boat, fenders or no fenders, you will
put some dings in it.  Or if you do not, somebody else will.
       If you are going to Edenton to get the boat, make sure that Stan or
Elton take you on a shake down sail.  Get them to put the boat thru a good
test with you at the helm.  Elton says Stan is the better sailor, but either
one is better than any body else you will ever get a chance to sail with.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA