[Rhodes22-list] Fenders?

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 26 18:50:06 EST 2006

Bud,

Thanks but it's kind of a pain.  The West Marine clerk told me about  their
30 day policy for new boat owners, but I'll need fender's almost  immediately
once the boat is in the water.  I won't have time to go  shopping, unless Stan
can give me some used fenders to start as per Ed's  suggestion.  I'll probably
take advantage of their 30 day 10%  off policy in terms of other outfitting
needs.

FWIW, I did find Mary Lou's fenders, dock lines, etc, on line at Dick's
Sporting goods - each item was 10 to 20% cheaper than West Marine's  price.
Unless we're trying to keep West Marine in business, I'm  inclined to reward the
guy who offers me the best product with the best price  with  my business.  I
think this "matching" business is sort of a cop  out in terms of competitive
market processes.

I think there is a place and a need for West Marine, but I also think they
are doing very well.

Dave