[Rhodes22-list] Gas Tanks, Vents, and Carburetors

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 09:08:15 EDT 2006

My 96 Merc 6 hp 2 stroke has never let me down. My motor starts easy and
runs great year round. One reason it runs well is it never goes more than 3
- 4 weeks without being used. It takes about 10 to 15 mintues to motor from
slip to main channel. My motor always gets warmed up well. At the end of the
day or cruise I remove fuel line and run gas out. It does take a few
mintues. I also change spark plugs every year. I keep tank under cockpit
seats with vent slightly open. In the winter I close the vent.

Wally