[Rhodes22-list] WTF?

Daniel S Bodnar dsbodnar at earthlink.net
Sat May 13 02:33:04 EDT 2006

Don't they teach history anymore?  Doesn't anyone remember the McCarthy
Communist witch hunts and the lives ruined by that-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McCarthy ?

It doesn't take much to turn this into an opportunity to persecute political
opponents, or economic rivals.  The "6 degrees of separation theory" would
say that if there are 100 terrorists in the country and if each of them
orders a pizza, we are on the watch list, if any of us has ordered a pizza
since 9/11.
And if you regularly order a pizza from the same joint as a terrorist, start
listening for extra clicks when you use the phone.

My ramblings aren't as ludicrous as they sound; it is just history repeating
itself. And as Saroj points out, the feds are not shy about abusing power.

Dan Bodnar
SV QOL