[Rhodes22-list] WTF? The camel's nose

GrahamLBN at aol.com GrahamLBN at aol.com
Sat May 13 13:31:12 EDT 2006

To All:

I agree with your analysis. I just watched a most interesting movie "Good
Night and Good Luck" the story of Edward R. Murrow and a small group of
courageous journalists that went up against Mcarthy in the 50's when he had the
whole country scared to death about the Communist menace.  He practiced
demagoguery and fear of our shadow. Anyone not going along with his opinion was  a
communist, fellow traveler or non American.

It's amazing how the current regime in power has adopted Mcarthy tactics.
Anyone not agreeing with the Republican plan is immediately branded  a
"suspected terrorist or liberal traitor."

These scare tactics in my book just don't wash.  Our country is built  on the
Constitution and a system of Laws, not the opinions of one party or  another.
The checks and balances system seems to be failing us at the moment  with one
party running the Executive, Legislative and probably the Court (based  on
the last two picks).

The Camel's nose under the tent is a perfect analogy. First we learned  about
US/Overseas calls being monitored; now data mining of a majority of
in-country US calls; not to mention the possible monitoring of most emails  without
court overwatch or approval.  I believe "Thinking People" have to  ask the
question, "at what point does a free and privacy based nation become the  same as
what we are trying to fight?"

Just recently I read of "Bush the Third" making a bid for the White House.
How come out of over 240 million American citizens we keep pulling from the
same  old pot? Have we all become brain dead, or just plain cowards?  Once again
its time for the American citizenry to wake up and smell the coffee.  Maybe
it is high time to have a regime change here at home before all our freedoms
are  lost to the so called Global Terrorists. The terrorist's strategic aim is
to  change western (primarily US) culture. Based on some of the things
occurring in  our society today, they may be accomplishing their goal.

Sincerely,

A concerned Citizen Soldier and Sailor