[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Dave Lewis and his fellow travelers

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sat May 20 18:33:21 EDT 2006

Dave,
	Your illustrations were good.  Then you said, "We did not hang
around for "nation building", the message was, "you do it again, we'll do it
again".  Seems like a good approach to me with regards to Afghanistan and
Iraq.
	However, it did not say that you picked and choose only one style of
actions.  You did not say how long the U. S. Army stayed in Germany and
Japan after WW2.
	If you would please answer the question how long the U. S stayed in
Germany after World War 2.
	I have a different opinion than you.  I do not believe that we
should walk away and leave the general populace to thugs, goons and jerks.
Stan gave us an illustration of the type of jerks over there.  However, I
would not presume that all the people there are the same type jerks.  If you
look at alternative sources of information even you might find good people
that need support to succeed.
	You call it nation building.  Many ask why the United States should
do the 'nation building'?  The answer to me is simple.  It is the right
thing to do.  To walk away and leave the goons to rape, pillage and plunder
is wrong.  I guess I have a different sense of right and wrong than you do.
      Can you please answer the question how long we stayed in Japan and
Germany?  What were the results?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA