[Rhodes22-list] Re: Hats off to Elton

daniel snyder danielsnyder at adelphia.net
Sun May 21 09:56:00 EDT 2006

Elton arrived in NH Thursday direct from NC with only two hours sleep at a
rest area.  Glad to say that my new red hulled Lady Grace looks just
stunning on her mooring.  I took some pictures and soon as I figure out how
to post them to the list, I will.  Stan did a great job on this one...red
hull, red sail covers, red bimini (which is terrific), red anchor...even red
sheets for the genoa.

We spent most of Thursday going unpacking and going over and setting up and
taking down the rigging, bimini, pop top.  Elton decided to wait until
Friday to launch....not a good decision as it turned out....weather turned
nasty with very heavy rains all day.  We launched anyhow.  The new dual axle
trailer was so solid...with the extension out the boat slid in easy as pie
and the motor fired up with first touch of the starter button.  The electric
motor mount made things really easy.  The arm connecting the motor to the
tiller/rudder assembly keeps the rudder and prop in exact unison...what a
tool especially in reverse.  Except for the drenching rain the launch
couldn't have been easier despite ours being a shallow and very basic launch
ramp.  Everyone enjoyed Elton's company.  He stayed with us for two nights
and headed South around mid day on Saturday.  Hats off to Elton.    Dan  NH