[Rhodes22-list] Re: Hats off to Elton

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Sun May 21 12:51:19 EDT 2006

Ed,

you know I love you.

but you're wrong in that I forget little.

if you want to take out Iran, or Iraq or any other anti liberal-democracy
regimes, I may very well be with you - specially after reading all of Brad's
arguments - but with one proviso

If you think it is worth going to war over, make it a war.  I think maybe it
is you who forget that having a war there, while having a party here, has
already been proven not to work.   Ask presidents Kennedy, Nixon and
Johnson.  They all tried the bullets and butter thing and it did not work.
Put the country on a war footing.  Nationalize whatever must be
nationalized.  Stop sending young people to their death at such low wages
while fat cats here go on getting unconsciously huge retirement deals and
yachts so big even they cannot afford to fill their tanks.  If you run short
of money or gas or materials - ration them.  This is the Only president in
history who has actually cut taxes during a war.  What a leader.  What a
military commander.   He know the guys to get rid of like Collin.

You want war - go to war - the right way.  Been there, done that ......and
it works.

stan