[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Questions

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun May 21 14:49:21 EDT 2006

Dave,

I put a cut-down "Absorber" into the cockpit hole.  It absorbs all the
water that falls into the hole, and wicks it back out of the hole when
the sun shines.

I rolled in and out my headsail until I got the hang of it.  I have the
170 in light air all the time, and almost never miss a tack.  The
headsail always goes first, it will pull it's own tail through the tack,
then cleat it, and it will pull the main sail through the tack.  I don't
have anything on my turnbuckles, and I always like to be able to see
them, and to be sure water is not collecting.  Neither my sails nor my
sheets hang up on my hardware.  I use cable ties to secure the
turnbuckles.  (A long story for another time.)

Bill Effros