[Rhodes22-list] WTF? (response to Hank and Tootle)

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri May 26 12:45:35 EDT 2006

Way to go Brad. Wanna bet though, that Wally's reply will be "still not enough to make me change my mind"? Keep in mind, he's "known" since "day one".

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> flybrad at yahoo.com 5/20/2006 6:53:12 am >>>
Wally,

OK, here's a quick shot to clarify things before the
boys put my arse on a machine.  If you read through
the report, Saddam's generals thought they had WMD.
They had WMDs at one time, they used WMDs. They wanted
more. We still don't know where they went.  Saddam
sponsored terrorism all over the Middle East.  Clinton
thought he should be taken out.  So did Gore, so did
Kerry.  It is easy to second guess the decision to go
to war after the fact, but post 9/11, given the
intelligence we had, it was a tough call (unless
you're a pacifist or an isolationist).  We went, we're
there.  These calls for an early withdrawal are
nonsense.  Do you know why the loss of our kids to
IEDs has gone up?  The insurgents are getting C4 from
Iran that is seven times more powerful. The argument
that we wouldn't have these problems had we not gone
there doesn't fly with me.  Why fight the war in
Europe when it was Japan that attacked us?   This is a
war like no other, the front is hard to define and
constantly shifting. IF Iraq can become a stable
nation, it will shift the whole Middle East.  We've
had enough "meet and greets" in the Rose Garden.  The
world is too small and the Middle East too important
to ignore. Whether Iraq was the best move won't be
determined for a long time.  NEWS FLASH!  Bush will be
gone soon.  Hillary, or whoever, will face the same
problems.  The folks who want to take us back to the
seventh century don't give a shit who's next.  The
problem remains the same. As to the folks who are in
Iraq now, they deserve our support.  The re-inlistment
rate and requests for redeployment to Iraq is
incredible.  They believe in what they are doing.  You
have to read the soldiers blogs to get that story
though, it won't sell soap for the MSM.

Brad

=== message truncated ===