[Rhodes22-list] Hunting Solution?

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Sat May 27 10:40:37 EDT 2006

Hey Art,
            What you are doing with the boom room, now that's impressive.  I
think I may have missed recent picts if you posted. That is my next big
purchase, I like the idea of a semipermiable shade cloth.

 The little sail was a gift from a Rhodie, " Northwest Steve" in Seattle, he
had it made to my general specs.  Heavy canvas so no noise, and as he
explained a slightly concaved leading edge so there is no quivering.  The
solar panal mount is actually my third panel mount on as many small boats,
this seems to be the best.  I don't plan to use it for general day sailing
or weekending as I have a two bank system and just use a small 5 w portable
panel to keep them topped off.  The big 55w unit is more suted for a week or
more of sailing.  All I did was machinde out of HDPE two stearn rail clamps
that I mounted on the panel frame and 2 aluminum braces that mount to the
vertical stantions that support the stearn rail. In line controler and diode
with a charge indicator L.E.D. mounted in the lazerett.  This is run through
a Rule switch so I can select one or both batteries I wish to charge.  The
whole system can be put on or removed in ten minutes.  Maybe  I can set it
up and get some pictures after school is out and I've got some time.

Chris G