[Rhodes22-list] Hunting Solution?

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat May 27 10:18:47 EDT 2006

Chris,

So impressive.  I have used a similar rig but located at the mast - so much better at the other end of the boom.  I'd really appreciate your insights about what NOT to do rigging the solar panel.

Your thoughts about top and curtains in the sun are so helpful.  My skin is very sensitive to UV.  I have put together a rig to enable the BR top to act as a true bimini cover, and with the side curtains on each side, just like the BR I posted.  The boom and main act entirely independent of the cover.  I am still undecided on what % of shade is best, but I am now using 60% screen, which allows for ventilation and keeps out bugs, without losing the view and full use of the boat.

The 'river boat' mast works well.  I am curious if Bill has rigged his Long Island River Boat design yet...  The country folk in New York will love it, probably do a story in the New Yorker.

Is anyone out there using the tiller autopilot?  I wonder what success.

Art