[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Meal Simplicity and Planning

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Mon May 29 09:47:50 EDT 2006

Art,

Menus and food prep have been discussed. I guess it hs been a while.
Weekends are easy. There is plenty of room for food on the R22. We keep one
small cooler for meats. As others mentioned freezing water bootles and using
for ice and drinking water works well.

We have a single burner butane stove that works great. I have also used my 2
burner Coleman Stove but it takes up more room and we really don't need the
extra burner.

On how days we like to buy salad mix and pre-cooked whole chicken. I reove
meat from bone and store in zip lock. You can add to salad for nice cool
dinner. Chicken also makes great sandwich.

The week trips get harder and the canned meats do come in handy.

Wally