[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Term Limits

Philip 3drecon at comcast.net
Sat Nov 4 14:17:47 EST 2006

That is why I don't like term limits but would like to see the post service
perks go away.  That way they would stay only after they worked to secure
theirs and their families' futures.  Then if they wanted to come to office,
they could.  You wouldn't see so many "career" politicians.  Also, remember
who the constituency of the Senate is. . . the STATE.  The problem is, the
XVII Amendment made senators popularly elected (originally they were elected
by the state legislature).  Now they pander to the people, sometimes against
the states' interests.  They are no longer a sure check against excesses of
the Congress and we have the "rule by mob (majority)" the founders feared.
The XVII Amendment took a key piece out of our Republic.  It should be
repealed.

Philip