[Rhodes22-list] HELP! How about a debate on.. WAS: A GREAT Email List

mputnam1 at aol.com mputnam1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 5 19:27:18 EST 2006

Elle,

Sorry, I don't quite follow the problem either ... I have a Mercury 8hp with an extended shaft ... the forward/reverse/neutral control is a motorcycle-like handle on the end of the tiller.  I don't find it the easiest to operate (I find the clockwise/counterclockwise rotation to be counter-intuitive).  And because of the Rhodes engine mount (I have the non-electric version), the engine tiller sticks straight up in the air and is unable to extend into the cockpit, but it is still accessible.  The only time I have to lean down to the engine is to loosen the bar that allows the engine to swing left and right freely ... but I would imagine you'd have to do that with any engine.

So perhaps you should consider the Mercury if the rotation of the controller on the end of the tiller doesn't seem counter-intuitive to you.  I certainly don't have the engine access problems you are facing with other engines.

- Mark