[Rhodes22-list] HELP! How about a debate on.. WAS: A GREAT Email List

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 20:04:21 EST 2006

elle
By that time you may have suggestions for Stan!
happy questioning of sales people :-)
joe/hadz.

--- "L. Sailor" <watermusic38 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hadz,
>
> W/in a 10 mile radius of my house every outboard
> manufacturer  (except Tohatsu) is
> represented.(According to MapQuest, the Tohatsu guy is
> only 26 mi away...but I'd have to swim the Potomac to
> get there....) By this time tomorrow nite I hope I
> will know more about OB's & options than I ever cared
> to know.
>
> So when Stan gets the boat back & he tells me some
> cool thing he & Dido have come up with, I MAY
> understand.....
>
> elle
>

>  --- Joseph Hadzima <josef508 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > oops I did forget to list two other facts
> >
> > the throtle was on the left side of the O/B, and the
> > shifter on the left (looking at the engine from teh
> > boat).
> > Both controls had extensions just a long plastic
> > stick - I
> > assumed from teh Mariner manufacturer - have you
> > checked
> > your engines list of optional products?
> >
> > The mount did NOT tilt, it was a manual raise and
> > lower
> > type.  This was the fun part to lift the engine out
> > of the
> > water to reduce drag. But the point is it was close
> > to the
> > transsom,but still plenty of room for the extension
> > controls.
> >
> > good luck, and happy shopping!
> >

> > --- Joseph Hadzima <josef508 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi elle
> > >
> > > What size engine intrests you?
> > >
> > > I'm a little new here so I'm not sure of your
> > current
> > > configuration, nor why the usual shifter extension
> > > doesn't
> > > work for you.   Is this boat a center cockpit?
> > >
> > > The last boat I rented was an O'Day 28 (with
> > wheel), with
> > > the sail drive removed, and a Mariner 6.6 HP OB.
> > > needed
> > > to "assume the position" to start it, but even
> > with the
> > > swim ladder up, I was able to grab either of the
> > controls
> > > when needed, and still handle the wheel.
> > >
> > > I would have prefered an electric start so I could
> > start
> > > the engine while still under sail with out locking
> > the
> > > wheel.
> > >
> > > I'll keep my eyes open for an engine with control
> > lines
> > > on
> > > the sides rather than the front.
> > >

> > > joe/hadz.

> > elle's
> > coming out
> > the

> > the
> > the
> > aft &
> > > down.

> > > responsible

> > has
> > all the
> > the
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow