[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Mark Putnam about Motor Mounts

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Nov 7 09:12:22 EST 2006

Ed,
Thanks for finally posting. I've been thinking about your problem and I
believe I know why the piece of truss snapped. In general trusses are made from
oriented strand plywood. I believe that if you had cut the truss differently,
say 45 degrees different, the grain would have been different and you wouldn't
 have been able to break it.
I had some hair line cracks show up on my mount a couple of years ago and I
added a stainless steel backing plate cut to the same shape as the mount for
additional support. No problems with it since.

Rummy