[Rhodes22-list] Political: Red vs. Blue States

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 15:51:56 EST 2006

I  do recall a story about how the new EW gear was used to
jam the Navy & Marines so they couldn't do their landing
... we got orders to turn them off so the real RED Army
wouldn't think our navel forces were dummies!  In operation
reforger (Germany) that actually transfered a new EW asset
(Guardrail) from the Orange to Blue ... since the Our
Orange Team was doing better than they should.  So of these
guys take it so seriously!

Ah I love EW ... had  alot of fun teasing the Green Benies
& post MPs ... I was in mataince, and we only did it to
"check
 if the equipment worked.

--- Hank <hnw555 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I was stationed in Korea we had these huge exercises
> called "Team
> Spirit" Where units from the states would come over and
> play the orange
> forces while we were the blue forces.  At that time I was
> in an Attack
> Helicopter unit and one of the pilots realized that the
> Emergency marker
> strips in the emergency kits were the same shade of
> orange as the panels
> that the other guys taped to the inside of their side
> windows.  Well, a well
> folded emergency marker taped to the inside of OUR
> helicopters allowed us to
> due some easy reconnaissance before the battles began.
> Hey, all's fair in
> love and war!
>
> Hank
>
> On 11/7/06, Joseph Hadzima <josef508 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > RED & BLUE states?
> >
> > I thought this was still about the Blue & Grey!  I have
> > seen the bumper snickers! "forget hell!", "The South
> Shall
> > Raise Again", "I'd rather be shooting Yankees", and the
> > ever popular "I'd rather my daughter working in a whore
> > house than my son playig for the Yankees" Oppps Sorry
> that
> > one is from Boston Baseball fan.
> >
> > Many moons ago the US Militrary did training with the
> Blue
> > Army vs the Red Army, but that was NOT very PC at the
> time,
> > so it was changed to Blue Army vs Orange Army.
> Everybody
> > looked a like to me (dressed like a tree).
> >
> > It's a shame we can't all get along like the rest of
> the
> > colors in the crayola box.
> >
> > Sorry work is a little nutty today ... I need to
> escape!
> > so I came straight to this list!
> >
> > I did have a lot of fun yesterday ... got calls from
> Ruddy,
> > Hillery, Bill, and even a few live humans telling me to
> get
> > out an vote today - I had a grand time telling them I
> was
> > voiting for the other party ... Got some of those poor
> > college kids sounding so depressed, others were just
> > pissed!  I hope they pass their mid-terms if their
> > acandidate doesn't win today.
> >

> > --- "KUHN, LELAND" <LKUHN at cnmc.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Please help.  Within the last few weeks someone
> posted an
> > > e-mail about
> > > the differences between red and blue states in the
> 2004
> > > presidential
> > > election.  I think the e-mail may have also included
> an
> > > analysis of why
> > > democracies are doomed for failure.  It was an
> excellent
> > > post but I just
> > > can't find it.  I've searched the archives every
> [...]

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow