[Rhodes22-list] Drive shaft dripping

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 12:07:04 EST 2006

Hank,

I'm hauling the boat out of curiosity, it has been in the water two years
after a grounding and an ugly extraction and needs to be looked at anyway.
The bottom coat is supposed to be good for four years, but no doubt needs to
be touched-up.  The marina I use for such things is owned by a Stan
Spitzerish kinda guy (age included) and is worth the gazillion bucks he
charges just for an afternoon of his time.

The carburetor on the plane is a pressurized model which the major engine
manufacturers quit using a long time ago - about $2k overhauled.  We don't
want to go there if we don't need to.  I think there are some 'vapor' and
venting issues here but maybe I'm just searching for ghosts.  I'll tell you
this, it has been fun being on the shop floor talking to mechanics.  My
tools have a lot of rust on them but I cut my teeth in this industry as an
apprentice mechanic and it feels like "old home week" to talk to honest and
sincere professionals.

Brad