[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 07:58:48 EST 2006

Rummy,

If you look at the exit polling results, the election went to the
moderates.  There are about 37 'blue dog democrats' currently in office and
more on the way.  Hank is right, if the Dems want to govern, they'll have to
listen to the moderates of both sides.  If Pelosi and company defer to the
left side of the party, we'll get the same thing we just had with a
different color.  The same 'Middle America' that gave power to the donkeys
can just as easily take it away in 2008.  I'm optimistic that some positive
things can get done in the next two years on some important issues.  I'm
ecstatic that some Republicans got sent packing for forgetting who elected
them in the first place and what was expected of them.  Of course, the big
ticket item on the agenda is Iraq.  The best metaphor I've heard yet is "the
democrat dog just caught the Iraq firetruck".  Now what?

Brad