[Rhodes22-list] Politics, Replies and GB

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 11:26:03 EST 2006

Mike,

Obama has star power, whether he has substance is yet to be determined.  He
can only play the black thing so far.  He's not entirely black or
'African-American".  He's a likable guy and smart, but the race thing can
only carry you so far.  If that's the trump card, I throw Condi Rice.

Seriously, there isn't a single probable candidate for Prez in 2008 that I'm
excited about.  I like Richards and Byah from the Dems, and, uh, give me a
minute, someone who hasn't shown up yet from the other side.  I'd vote for
Condi in a heartbeat but she wants to be Commissioner of the NFL.  The fact
that I lust for her isn't a player in that decision

(This is still a private list, RIGHT?)

Hillary won't make it! I like McCain as a Senator, permanently.  The
governor I just voted for from Tennessee would make a great President but
he's too dull.  What's left?

The next two years could be very productive.  I have some serious doubts
about Nancy but great faith in the incoming Freshman Dem Representatives.
The next important fight is intra-party more than extra-party.

Brad