[Rhodes22-list] Politics, Replies and GB

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Nov 9 13:54:47 EST 2006

" I'd vote for Condi in a heartbeat but she wants to be Commissioner of
the NFL.  The fact
that I lust for her isn't a player in that decision"

I think it's historically accurate that the very best candidates for
office won't run.

I wish we could force a draft of Condi.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> flybrad at gmail.com 11/9/2006 11:26:03 am >>>
Mike,

Obama has star power, whether he has substance is yet to be determined.
 He
can only play the black thing so far.  He's not entirely black or
'African-American".  He's a likable guy and smart, but the race thing
can
only carry you so far.  If that's the trump card, I throw Condi Rice.

Seriously, there isn't a single probable candidate for Prez in 2008
that I'm
excited about.  I like Richards and Byah from the Dems, and, uh, give
me a
minute, someone who hasn't shown up yet from the other side.  I'd vote
for
Condi in a heartbeat but she wants to be Commissioner of the NFL.  The
fact
that I lust for her isn't a player in that decision

(This is still a private list, RIGHT?)

Hillary won't make it! I like McCain as a Senator, permanently.  The
governor I just voted for from Tennessee would make a great President
but
he's too dull.  What's left?

The next two years could be very productive.  I have some serious
doubts
about Nancy but great faith in the incoming Freshman Dem
Representatives.
The next important fight is intra-party more than extra-party.

Brad

On 11/9/06, Michael D. Weisner <mweisner at ebsmed.com> wrote:

> JohnB,
>
> Naw, not the way I see it - more likely that Sen. Barack Obama,
D-Ill.,