[Rhodes22-list] Politics(Obstructionism)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Nov 10 14:27:28 EST 2006

People are fed up with a do nothing Congress, especially when the
Republicans had the majority. If they try to block Democratic initiatives, it  will back
fire on them much worse than we saw in this election.
The war was probably the biggest reason for the Republican downfall. The
death toll is increasing with no end in sight. We have a president that says
"stay the course", but won't give us a heading.
In 1999 the pentagon did a study which showed that an invasion of Iraq  would
require 400,000 troops to enter the country, take control of the
infrastructure, secure the borders and install a new government. At the end of  the
report they stated with even this many troops, the possibility of being  successful
was slim because of the hatred amongst the tribes. We didn't secure  the
infrastructure and we didn't secure the borders. It was a botched job, from  a
military perspective, from the get go.
Now that we have our tit in the wringer, it will be interesting to see  which
route we take out.

Rummy