[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 11 09:00:47 EST 2006

Brown and root has a long, storied history of political influence.  B &
was the company that backed Lyndon Johnson in his early house and
Senate campaigns.  His breakthrough on the national political scene
came in his leadership of the Democratic campaign committee; when
he was able to allocate unprecedented levels of money, largely provided
by B & R.  Their influence on Texas and national politics has been
continuous over the last 60+ years.

By the way, I will again recommend Robert Caro's LJB biography.
Beautifully
resarched and written.

Ron