[Rhodes22-list] Politics and discussion between Slim, Brad, et al.

Philip 3drecon at comcast.net
Sat Nov 11 19:44:03 EST 2006

Dave,
One thing we agree upon is the government spends too much money.  I believe
they spend it on things not Constitutionally mandated.  Here is some
information about authorization;

The following may help:  "In 1921, President Harding established the Bureau
of the Budget. The bureau, for the first time, placed formal restrictions on
the spending of government funds. The Bureau of the Budget later became the
Office of Management and Budget."  and "The Congressional Budget Office
(CBO) was established by the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 (88 Stat. 302;
2 U.S.C. 601), approved July 12, 1974. The act also created a new procedure
by which Congress considers and acts upon the annual federal budget. This
new process enables Congress to have an overview of the federal budget and
to make overall decisions regarding spending, taxing levels, and any deficit
or surplus. Congress is thus provided with a mechanism through which it can
weigh the priorities for national resource allocation and explicitly address
issues of fiscal policy."

Philip