[Rhodes22-list] Actual Rhodes repair question

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Nov 12 09:08:20 EST 2006

Rory:

     Marine tex will work, and especially for you since it is such a small
project.

     I would prefer to inject liquid epoxy resin into the screw holes.  Such
as that uses in the West System.  Putting the hole in an upright position so
that the epoxy seeps int any cracks not visable.  Epoxy has excellant
sticking ability.  After the epoxy hardens, at least 72 hours at 70 degrees
F, drill small pilot holes for  your screws.

     Welcome to routine maintenance on a boat.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  http://westsystem.com/ewmag/