[Rhodes22-list] Captain Rummy Said ...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Nov 13 07:52:01 EST 2006

Captain Rummy said, "LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND, WHICH IS WHY SOME
PEOPLE  APPEAR
BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK."

	I guess this applies to words on the internet traveling at the speed of
light.  You keep saying that Iraq is not working.  Obviously you require 100
% effectiveness or participation.  I suggest that when dealing with humans
or people a sufficient majority can be effective, albeit, it takes longer.
	There are several problem areas in Iraq, true.  However, there are many
areas functioning reasonable well for that part of the world.  Bagdag cannot
be compared to main stree, Anderson, South Carolina.
	You are letting the constant negative press color you analysis.  If you
would look behind the bold headlines, there is progress.
	Sure, there are still serious problems, especially the problems of Islamist
and thugs who are using Islam as a means to achieve domination.  Stop and
read some history.   There have been other thuggish societies trying for
world domination.  Freedom does not come cheap.
	You and your fellow travelers opine that we should not be there.  At the
present time in the world we are the only ones with the resources to merely
challenge those thugs.  And yes, notwithstanding your opinion to the
contrary, it is the same ideology as those who attacked the word trade
centers.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:
Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that
you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to
believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and
follow it to an end requires courage.”
 Ralph Waldo Emerson