[Rhodes22-list] Philip -- Ice Box

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Nov 15 11:11:02 EST 2006

Philip,

What is the status of your new boat?

What did you decide about the head?

A change I would recommend if Stan can do it is taking all the extra
stuff out of the ice box, leaving you with just an easily accessible
rectangular space.

The Ice box is in an excellent location.

Modern insulated bags are so good that you can put one or many into the
ice box, and they will hold ice for more than 24 hours without doing
anything fancy.  I like the 6-pack size, and I can jam quite a few of
them into the ice box.  Each insulated bag acts as insulation for the
others.  I put some food or drinks into each bag, along with
refrigerator ice cubes, and I can always hold more than I need for
coastal cruising.  It's easy to pick up more ice cubes along waterfronts
around here.

If you have more people on board, the first to be used insulated bags
can be stored under the cockpit seats until ready for use.  This is no
different than if you were taking them on a picnic.

Bill Effros