[Rhodes22-list] Lazarett Leakage Mystery

Rory Orkin roryorkin at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 25 09:35:42 EST 2006

I have been plagued with major Laz leakaga and I cant seem to find the
problem.
The leakage is rain water. I have tried all the usual approaches.. The Laz
is isolated from the rest of the boat.
I have used a hose to check all the drain ports including the swivel seats
and cant find any intrusion  there. The next suspect would be the hatch lip.
Since I found wet rags in a box I had  which was elevated about a foot from
the floor near the rear hatch lip I am looking there.. Since I don't hear of
it being a design issue with others I was discounting it somewhat also.
Anyone had a similar problem ?? I also seem to get some persistant water in
the bilge section but not much. I don't see them as related but I guess it
is possible.. Has anyone tried to seal the lazarette hatch with some kind of
gasket or weather strip ??