[Rhodes22-list] Mayday

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Nov 25 15:47:04 EST 2006

Bill,
On our lake (region) channel nine is ONLY used for emergency contact.
Channel 16 is for hailing only. My VHS has the weather channels and will
automatically switch to it if there is a weather alert issued. It happened to us  a
couple of years ago waiting on the boat for the fourth of July fireworks. The
alarm went off and we just made it to our dock as the squall roared through.
Many boaters were not as lucky. In fact, we were chased down by the CG for
speeding in a slow no wake zone. He didn't have a clue the storm was  coming.