[Rhodes22-list] Financial question

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 18:16:02 EST 2006

Hi, guys,
Since the sailing season is over for the majority of
us, I have a task to occupy your time, if you're up to
it.

Here is the problem:

In lieu of flowers for the funeral last year, friends
sent donations for a scholarship fund in memory of my
guy.

It has several thousand dollars in it, but according
to the organzation that manages these types of funds,
it needs to be at least 10K to generate enough income
to be self-sustaining. ´even if I add some to the pot
now (ha...gotta get #2 daughter through the last year
of school before I can help someone else's), it will
be several years before there is enough to give maybe
$500/year and to keep it self-sustaining.....

So I need a plan 'B,' as the $$ is sitting in the
school's account and needs to be moved as the auditors
will become antsy.

I hoped to give $$ for quite a long time, not just for
several years.

I have one idea but I thought the creativity &
expertise on the list might spark an idea.

thanks for any ideas. I'll let y'all know what
happens.

elle