[Rhodes22-list] Financial question by Lady Sailor

Charles Henthorn rexh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 30 11:41:27 EST 2006

Elle:

     That same problem was solved here by the school going to the trust department of a local bank that was willing (as PR to the community) to accept a trust created by the school with the money designed to accept future donations from which scholarships could be granted in the future from the earnings.  The bank charges a small administration fee and, with the amount your are describing, the scholarships would be very small at the beginning but, from my experience, sometimes its not as much about the size of the scholarship as it is the honor it bestows --- especially if it carries a respected name in the community.
     Just a thought.

  Rex

elle <watermusic38 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Rob,

Right now the $$ is in the high school's
account...they graciously accepted the donations &
kept the names, etc for me. As the HS does not
administer the funds, they have to move them to a
recognized disbursement agency...hence the management
co. (I think it is through a bank...have to go back &
check...)

What we hoped to do was to be able to award a decent
amt to a deserving grad for music edu....

elle

http://new.mail.yahoo.com