[Rhodes22-list] Barber Hauler

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Nov 30 16:14:41 EST 2006

Sheesh, I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time visualizing this. I didn't get
it the last time it was brought up (by Steve Little) and I still don't.  Are
we using the barber hauler/snatch block set-up in lieu of rerouting the
sheets inboard of the shrouds?  On my 1990, I have the secondary jib
fairlead on a track mounted along the cabin.  Would you attach the thing
there?  Wouldn't you need a duplicate set-up on the other side?  The picture
I'm getting is the sheet running from the jib clew through the snatch block
attached to the secondary jib fairlead and back to the winch, then forward
and around to the outside of the upper shroud and back to the cockpit.  Is
that even close to what you're describing?  Got pictures?

Slim