[Rhodes22-list] Ernesto does a number on hatch cover

Rory Orkin roryorkin at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 5 08:26:30 EDT 2006

 As I said in an earlier post, I did not notice a tie down cleat for the pop
top.. I will check again when it stops raining. I thought the pop top locked
in the down position.
As far as a storm surge is concerned.. I would pull the boat out and put it
on the trailer if I had any advance notice
Isabelle did a job on us here too and most of the docks here were blown
apart by storm surge so I would need to get it off of the lift.
Nothing about this storm required that degree of preperation. If the pop top
had been secured.. Nothing would have been damaged.
We have winds of 35 -45 mph constantly. I would spend my life rigging the
boat. I would never attempt to keep a boat on a lift if it were in
danger of floating off.  Trying to secure it would result in the bottom of
the hull slamming against the bunks as the waves ran through.