[Rhodes22-list] Ernesto does a number on hatch cover

Ben Schultz benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Tue Sep 5 10:31:31 EDT 2006

I had a water spout take my pop top off a few years back.  It was locked
into the crossbars, but the water spout lifted it right off and set it a
hundred yards away on shore.  (I didn't see it, but the marina had some
liveaboards who did.)  It set right back in, and in 5 minutes, it was as
attached and operational as new.

Since then, I connect the hook to the pop top cross bar as Stan
suggests.  Katrina took both of my forward hatches, but the pop top
remained.

It's probably a good practice to latch the pop top every time you leave
for a long time -- or even when you trailer, come to think of it.  I
don't do that, but I'm not the smartest sailor on the sea either.