[Rhodes22-list] Wiring project finis

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 22:17:52 EDT 2006

Claude,
I'm glad that everything worked out OK in the end. Your having removed most
of the interior of your boat made the project go much faster. However,
spending  8 hours crawling around on my hands and knees and working in tight quarters
took  it's toll on me. It was very warm inside the cabin and about mid
afternoon it  started raining lightly. Fortunately Claude was prepared and we threw
a tarp  over the boom and kept working.
Claude mounted the new circuit panel on the wall between the head area and
the galley. All the new wires run under the floors and seats. He still has a
lot  of interior work to do, but everything worked when we left there Monday
evening.  He mounted two 12 volt outlets and a battery monitor just above the
sink on the  wood panel.
Wherever I could, I soldered all wires and then used shrink wrap and then
wrapped that with electricians tape. I don't think he will have problems with
the work I did
Of course I collected my usual fee.....a large bottle of Mt Gay rum which I
am enjoying as I write this. If you have any questions about rewiring a R22,
send all requests for information to Claude. Perhaps Claude could take some
digital pictures before he wraps everything up so the list can see his  upgrade.
In spite of the heat and cramped quarters, it was a fun day, well  spent.

Rummy