[Rhodes22-list] Wiring project finis

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Sep 5 23:20:50 EDT 2006

Claude, Rummy, and All:

When I was preparing motorcycles for enduros, I did all
that Rummy described below.  In addition, I put some
silicone grease around all joints before wrapping with
tape, keeping water (in the case of a boat, condensation)
out of the joints to control paths to ground and corrosion.

I have continued that practice when working with boat
wiring.  Working on wiring is tedious, as Rummy noted, but
I figure another few moments in whatever pretzel position
I have to assume is worth it in the long run.

It may be overkill, but it makes me feel good... after I
get out of the bowels of the boat.

/Robert