[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Rory on Rhodes 22 for sale.

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Sep 8 17:38:12 EDT 2006

Rory:

     There are used boats sold ready to sail, see Rummy's post and there are
eBay or other used Rhodes.  At $500 to $600 you assume you are getting what
we call a project boat.  Just looking at the boat I agree with Mike that it
is more than a parts boat.  As to cleaning and rebuilding interior.  On a
Rhodes that is not that difficult to set up a very basic interior.  Such an
interior would not be equivalent to Stan's recycle, but for somebody on a
small budget it is a way to get a sailboat and get on the water.
       It would take time and work.  That is what a project boat is.  It is
not really meant to take sailing with the family tomorrow.  Expect to pay 10
to 20 times the price for one ready to sail.  And a really clean and good
one is over $20,000.
        Again, it would be an inexpensive way to get a Rhodes 22, but it
would also take work.  As far as I have seen, there is nothing impossible to
repair and rebuild on a R22.  Some repairs take time and patients, just ask
Lou Rosenberg.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA