[Rhodes22-list] I'm now an official Rhodie

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Sep 15 01:49:28 EDT 2006

Hank,

Congratulations!

The trip through NY & LI may get a bit complicated since we have
restrictions on the parkways.  Truck and trailer traffic is not permitted on
the parkways.  You will need to follow the "commercial traffic" routing.

While there are many ways to navigate the area, the 2 best ways to trailer a
boat boil down to a southern route through Staten Island and a northern
route through the Bronx.

The southern route may be slightly shorter, taking NJTP to X10, I-287 to
NJ440 to the Outerbridge Crossing into Staten Island.  Take the West Shore
Expwy (NY440) to I-278 to the Verrazano Bridge to Brooklyn.  Be sure to
follow signage to the BQE (Brooklyn-Queens Expressway) for trucks - you
cannot travel the Belt Parkway.  Take the BQE to I-495 (LI Expressway), east
to X64, Rt 112 north to Pt Jeff.

The northern route takes the NJTP to X18E the GWB (G Washington Bridge) to
the Bronx.  Take I-95, the Cross Bronx Expressway, to I-295 to the Throgs
Neck Bridge to Queens.  Continue on the Clearview Expressway (do not take
the Cross Island Parkway) to I-495, LI Expressway east and continue to X64,
Rt 112 north to Pt. Jeff.

Let me know when you are going to make the trip and we can arrange to get
together when you are here.  We can exchange cell phone numbers off list.

Good luck and congrats!

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer