[Rhodes22-list] Good News - Gas Prices Falling

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 20:41:44 EDT 2006

Saroj,

GM has an Opel Astra diesel-electric hybrid that is supposed to appear in
Europe in 07. The expected price increase is about $8000 so the breakeven
point is a bit high. Volkswagon and Toyoto have both built prototypes but no
info on when or if they will come to market.

I still favor concrete over SIP's but you're on the right path with SIP's
and geothermal.  My favorite SIP is from a manufacturer in Florida that uses
concrete board on both sides instead of OSB board.  SIP building lends a lot
of flexibility to style but the biggest drawback is finding subcontractors
who know how to work with them.

We've had our bamboo floors down for about a year now with no problems.
Take a look at bamboo if you haven't already. I wanted to do a stained
concrete floor in our addition but my builder gave me one of those 'RCA dog'
looks so we didn't do it.  If I build another house I'm going to take a
serious look at concrete floors and a green roof.

Good luck,

Brad