[Rhodes22-list] cons of rhodes 22

Erly Garner erlyg at charter.net
Sun Sep 17 17:16:33 EDT 2006

Hi:

I've done limited sailing with my brother on his Compac 19.  I'm just now getting serious about getting my own boat and my research indicates that the Rhodes 22 seems to be a real dream boat.  I've got to have an easily trailerable craft (definite MUST), mostly plan on lake sailing, girlfriend insists on enclosed head, a few lake side overnights on weekends, and want to do limited salt water upon retiring.  Big brother say there is no other boat but the Compac.  What are the down sides and disadvantages of a Rhodes?  How trailerable is it (smallest vehicle to pull)?

Thanks,
Erly