[Rhodes22-list] boating and dealing with human excrement.. was: Erly and towing the Rhodes 22

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 19 14:48:54 EDT 2006

Mary Lou, Philip,

One thought of caution - if you use a septic tank at home, I am told that many of the deodorant chemicals can act to neutralize the bacterial action that is necessary to neutralize and disperse the waste.  This apparently will cause the septic tank to back up (and smell worse than the head).  If solids and paper can be dealt with other than a porta potty, the tank can be emptied in the woods - I wouldn't expect more than 3 days storage from a porta potty in any case.  I agree with Mary Lou - worth their weight in gold.

Art