[Rhodes22-list] Back :-) Batteries & Recommissioning

Corley, Michael J COL TRADOC DCSPIL michael.corley at us.army.mil
Mon Sep 18 12:12:19 EDT 2006

 I am a current Rhodes 22 owner and former member of the "list" just back
from Germany.  Glad to see a lot of familiar names still active on the list.
My 99 Rhodes 22 has been in storage near Columbia, SC the last 4 yrs.  It is
currently in the water, sans mast & sails, at Old Point Comfort Marina, Ft.
Monroe, VA. Just got the sails back from Sail Care and hopefully will mount
& raise the mast next weekend.  Got a lot of good advice from the "list" as
I put it in storage and hoping to get similar advice as I recommission her.

  Came out of storage looking good!  Stored in a 3 sided RV shed under a
large plastic tarp from a marine supply store.  Having a roof over it made
all the difference.  So far all I have done is wash her and buy 2 new tires
for the trailer.  Sent the sails to Sail Care for cleaning/refurbishment,
but I probably did not need to do that.  Had my 2 cycle 9.9 hp Merc serviced
to the tune of $200.  Mechanic rebuilt the carburetor.
  Got to buy a battery(s).  Originally had two batteries, thinking of just
buying one now to power the lights and water pump and then 2nd battery next
year.  Didn't we use to have a library or FAQ page?  Anything else I should
be aware of as I recommission her?

Michael Corley
s/v Ranger