[Rhodes22-list] Northern Rhodies

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Sep 22 19:26:41 EDT 2006

Jerry,

I used a pellet stove (wood) years ago and the biggest problem was the
accumulation of dust or broken pieces in the auger feed.  They either jammed
the feeder or tended to put out the fire in the firebox.  I would imagine
that you may encounter a similar problem with corn.  In addition, corn
stores attract squirrels, mice and rats, something that we didn't have to
deal with using wood.  The rats will chew through wood and light gauge
metals to get their meal.  They can be very destructive.  You will need a
well armored storage bin.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)