[Rhodes22-list] Hey Wally, Tennessee Politics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 08:45:53 EDT 2006

Wally,

Jr. votes down the middle on a lot of issues that his party will lose anyway
to position himself.  That said, he's not a far lefty.  He's starting to
attack Corker for being 'rich' which I think will backfire.  His biggest
liability is still the Ford family.  They're crazy.  The black  vote here in
Memphis may split between between Cohen and Jr.'s little brother giving the
R candidate a shot for the first time in decades.  A lot depends on how many
dead people vote - just ask Ophelia.  I live just outside the district so
don't get to contribute, just watch.  Ford family politics make for good
theatre and is better than anything written for TV.

I still like Jr. but may not make a final decision until he makes a choice
on how to handle his family.  I really do feel sorry for the kid  (I can
call him that now that I'm old).

Brad