[Rhodes22-list] For John Lock's Eyes

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sat Apr 7 08:54:16 EDT 2007

John,

I am just a little behind on your post of this past week.  Keep in mind that
I keep a boat at the marina where your boat lived for several years.  Rodger
(with a D) does not have internet access.  I am usually there at least once
a week, sometimes more.

I have made copies of the pictures you posted about the mast and boom
attachments.  I will try to ask Rodger for an explaination about each.  It
make take a while because he does get days off or is busy, but I am sure he
will offer explainations.

Yes, your mast is non standard.  When the original is like a pretzel, it
just does not work.  As I understand it, at the time of the repair, he was
not aware of GBI and got was available locally.  By trade Rodger is a
carpenter and mechanic, and quite good.  Since he is also a sailboat sailor
he made what he had work.  So, unless someone made changes since he sold it,
everything used to work quite well.  I sailed next to him several times.

Your pictures are most helpful, keep them coming with your questions.  You
might also document with your pictures changes, that is before and after.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job."