[Rhodes22-list] More on GPS

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 11:56:29 EDT 2007

Wally,

The good (well kinda good) news is that the recent Supreme Court decision
that allows the EPA to regulate CO2 emissions means a whole new wave of
lawsuits is coming from the environmentalists.  Perhaps the unintended
consequences is that nuclear starts to look really, really, good.  I think
the science behind global warming is dubious, the press is only presenting
the worst side of the issue, and the world community wants to punish the US
economically.  Since the UN, EU, NATO, and other multi-national
organizations can't seem to police anything else, what makes people think
they can police CO2 emissions?  If global warming is what it takes to
convince the US that we need to lower our dependence on foreign oil, I'll
start preaching global warming even though I think the whole thing is a
crock of shit.  You want less carbon emissions - tax them!  Make the CAFE
standard 40mpg in ten years (we could do that in one year but it would kill
Detroit - already on life support).  Make gasoline cost a minimum of $4 per
gallon (we've been at $3 per gallon and it didn't kill the economy).  We
hear all the politicians from both sides mouth about solutions to global
warming, but no one has the guts to level with the population about what the
personal costs in money and lifestyle will be as a result.  Get some 'nads'
Washington!  Let's Roll!

Brad