[Rhodes22-list] diesel and random thoughts of a MAD man

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 17:08:13 EDT 2007

ahhh yes diesel/electric power ...

I a diesel car once, it was one of maybe two or three
diesel powered Ford Tempo in New England!  Yes I said Ford
Tempo ... got 55 mpg going to NC from Massachusetts.  Great
little car, but hard to find a good diesel mechanic.  Going
back was closer to 49 (it's up hill ya know).

As for the 70's that's how I got to drive and make a little
cash ... taking people's cars to the station and sit on the
gas line for God only knows how long to fill up. I do
recall one woman cut the line, and pissed of everyone
behind her.  They pounded on their horns, but she wouldn't
budge.  The guy behind me took off his locking Gas Cap, and
placed it on her car (but kept the key)!  Wasn't much she
could do once she got to the pump.

As for energy generation I'm not sure anything can help us
silly Americans.  The major wind generators farms are under
attack because people say the birds gets whacked by the
blades (of course the power companies say the birds learn
after a generation or two to stay the hello away) But we
still get upset when farmers in IL & IA want to put up wind
mills on their property to run the farm and sell electric
back to the power companies.  But there is again "strong
opposition" (by I'm not sure who?). Then Teddy K of MA is
all upset about the possibility of windmills on Cape Cod,
but then also doesn't want the nasty LNG terminal in Boston
Harbor either.  What they SEEM to want is the nasty LNG
terminal in the Chesapeake and Baltimore, and the Oil
terminal in LA, & MS and bring the gas & oil to
Massachusetts via pipeline.

Everyone seems to be for conservation if everyone else does
it!

I guess the next step is to enter a Sci-Fi movie where we
force birth control upon young couples, until things
balance again - Oh wait isn't their a country where they do
this now?  And drowning of small children (particularly
useless females) to ease financial strain on the family -
ooops come cultures are doing that too!  Maybe these Sci-Fi
movies are actually Doc-U-Dramas?

i'm depressed now, I think Mr Jameson and I need to discuss
this in private.

=== message truncated ===