[Rhodes22-list] Captain Lock

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Apr 11 10:52:47 EDT 2007

At 05:15 AM 4/11/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>I briefly saw Rodger and have some information for you.
>
>Comments on pictures attached.

Ed, thanks a million!  That confirms much of what I've been thinking
and I'm grateful for your time talking to Rodger.  It's especially
interesting to see that the pad eye screwed into the sail track
doubles as both poptop connector and boom vang attachment.

That answers another question - there is another pad eye about
half-way out on the bottom of the boom.  I didn't know what this was
for, except maybe to support the bimini cover.  Now I can see how you
could attach a boom vang here and it might exert enough leverage to
flatten the main by lowering just the aft end of the boom.  Not the
ideal solution, but it might work.  I will do some experiments next time out.

Cheers!

John Lock