[Rhodes22-list] Battteries

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Apr 11 12:32:35 EDT 2007

At 11:57 AM 4/11/2007 -0400, CORLEYMICHAELSIX at aol.com wrote:
>Got to buy new battery(s) for my 99 Rhodes.  It is set up for and had  2
>batteries before I put it in storage.  Intending to buy deep cycle
>wet  cells,
>debating weather to buy one Group 27 or 2 Group 24s or 2 Group
>27s.   Have solar
>panels, VHF, digital depth gauge and knot meter, pull  start outboard.  Need
>advice.

Strangely enough, I was just reading an article about batteries the
other day!  This article was written from an RV perspective, but I'm
guessing our boat usage is pretty similar.  One very intriguing
alternative was using 2, 6-volt golf cart batteries in series to
produce 12 volts.  Apparently golf cart batteries offer some of the
highest amp-hour ratings available.

See article at
http://www.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/12volt/12volt.htm   Scroll down to
"Selecting batteries".